Crafts for Kids: Mriya Airplane Workshop (Virtual & In-Person)
The Antonov AN-225 Mriya was the largest, fastest, and widest cargo aircraft in the world. The aircraft was able to transport up to 250 tonnes of cargo (551,156 lbs) including single pieces weighing up to 200 tonnes. The aircraft could fly distances of nearly 10,000 miles without refueling. The Mriya was destroyed during a bombing of the Kyiv Gostomel Airport in March 2022, but will hopefully be rebuilt once the war is over. In the 21st century, Ukrainian artists and innovators have turned to Ukrainian folk culture for inspiration.
This event is a Hybrid Workshop (Registration required)
Both the virtual and in-person workshops will begin at 12:30 PM
Suitable for grade school aged children.
Taught by the UHEC Educational Programs Staff
Virtual workshop (Zoom link will be emailed after registration)
- Participants will need to provide their own supplies
- Cost: free (donations gratefully accepted)
In-Person workshop (held at the UHEC Library)
- All supplies provided by the UHEC
- Donation for supplies: $8/person
- Workshop will take place at the UHEC Library (135 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873
Supply List for Virtual Workshop
- Model Airplane Kit (Can be purchased from the following places)
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/3GEQ4WY
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/3CKoDdn
- Oriental Trading DIY Assemble: https://bit.ly/3IKvjfo (Note: This is used during the in-person workshop)
- Oriental Trading: https://bit.ly/3GZqQ6Z
- White Paint
- Blue Paint
- Yellow Paint
- 1 Wide Paintbrush
- 1 thin Paintbrush
- Blue Marker
The virtual workshop is FREE, but registration is required.
The day before the event, you will get a personalized link to access the workshop.
The In-Person workshop is $8/person, registration is required.
Additional donations gratefully accepted.