The UHEC Library is a valuable resource for those interested in Ukrainian history, literature, and scholarship. In addition to books, the library also has a substantial collection of Ukrainian and Ukrainian-American periodicals from the 1920s to the present. It shares staff and facilities with the Theological Library of the St. Sophia Seminary of the UOC of USA, and as such has a major collection of books and periodicals related to religion, as well as many rare early liturgical and theological texts in Church Slavonic and other languages.
- Reference collection: encyclopedias, foreign language dictionaries, concordances, subject bibliographies, travel guides.
- Theological: Bibles, prayer books, Bible concordances, “Fathers of the Church” series, history of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and numerous others in English, Ukrainian, Russian and limited number in Greek, Latin and Hebrew.
- Historical works: world histories, history of Ukraine, memoirs, biographical works on major figures in Ukrainian history.
- Literary works of famous 19 and 20th century writers and poets – Taras Shevchenko, Ivan Franko, Lesia Ukrainka, Wasyl’ Barka, Ivan Bahrianyi and other famous writers.
- Rare books: over 3,000 14-19th century religious and secular works – among them an Ostoh Bible (1581) and an Epistle printed in Lviv (1654).
- Special collections: books and journal articles on the Holodomor (Ukrainian famine, 1932-1933); complete series of Litopys UPA; publications of the Shevchenko Society, Harvard Ukrainian Studies, the Ukrainian Academy of Arts & Sciences, and the Ukrainian Free University; sacred and secular art books.
- Journals: about 500 major Orthodox and secular periodicals in Ukrainian and English, some going back to the early 1900’s, including the Ukrainian Orthodox Word, Visnyk (Herald), Church Messenger, Orthodox Life, Vira.
- Calendars/Almanacs: Ukrainian Orthodox Calendar from 1947 to the present, as well as organizational almanacs and church calendars of other jurisdictions.
- Parish Jubilee Books and informational bulletins of parishes in United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia.
- Anniversary Books of various Ukrainian organizations.
- All of the major publications of the Scientific Theological Institute of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA, compiled by Prof. Wasyl Zavitnevych.
- Collections of Ukrainian folk songs, Ukrainian operas and individual compositions of 19th and 20th century Ukrainian composers.
- Over 5,000 pieces of religious and secular sheet music, among them works by Bortnians’ky, Vedel’, Koshyts’, Stetsenko, and Lysenko.